The general objective of the thematic programme is to help third countries better manage all aspects of migratory flows in all their dimensions.
At thematic level, the programme covers the major areas of action corresponding to the main facets of the migratory phenomenon. It is designed in particular to:
- foster the links between migration and development;
- promote well-managed labour migration;
- fight illegal immigration and facilitate the readmission of illegal immigrants;
- protect migrants' rights, protect them against exploitation and exclusion, and support the fight against trafficking in human beings;
- promote asylum and international protection of refugees.