The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the reform of the transport sector in line with the transport chapter of the EU-MD Association Agreement, by providing technical assistance and capacity building to support legal approximation and policy development for fulfillment of the undertaken commitments.
- In Waterborne sector: to prepare legal and operational framework for implementation of EU legal acts related to Flag State and Port State Control; to provide support to the Naval Agency of RM and general advice on implementation of remaining EU acts from AA; to organize a study tour to an EU member-state maritime administration, aiming for know-how transfer on ship registration and flag and port controls issues.
- In Railway sector: to prepare legal and operational framework for implementation of the requirements of EU-MD AA and creation of State institutions required by EU legislative acts.
- In Road Transport and Civil Aviation sectors: to provide assistance in implementation of certain EU regulations and directives which are not yet harmonized.
- To prepare relevant legal and operational framework regarding the Accident Investigation Body (one single institution for civil aviation, railways and waterborne transport) as required by the EU legislative acts.
- Assistance to the Beneficiary institutions in the harmonisation process with other potential institutions.
The current project will produce results for all transport modes in the Republic of Moldova. For example, in the Waterborne transport sector the Flag State and Port State Control functions will benefit from an EU harmonized legal framework and will have an updated organizational process. The newly created Naval Agency will have operational documents and procedures in place enabling it to become fully operational. The Railway sector will have in place a drafted secondary legislative acts; EU-MD AA requirements will be implemented and future railway state institutions will have a proposed operational framework. In the Road transport sector, relevant legal and operational framework will also be prepared leading to harmonization with relevant EU Directives in this domain. EU legislation enforcement capacity will be strengthened through training and technical assistance. The Civil Aviation sector will also benefit from an updated legal and operational framework leading to improved capacity to assess airworthiness of aircraft and aeronautical products, parts and appliances and the organizations and personnel involved in these tasks. Another major benefit of the project is that an Accident Investigation Bureau for all transport modes will have its own proposed legal and operational framework.
Mr Vesselin Siarov, Team Leader, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Dimitris Kostianis, Deputy TL, email@example.com
Mrs Roxana Nechita, Project Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Stanislav Petrascu, Deputy Project Director, email@example.com
Mrs Madalina Randasu, Communication Expert, firstname.lastname@example.org