The project’s overall objective is to support the Government of the Republic of Moldova to implement its reform Agenda; in particular, to assist the Government in developing the capacities required for the implementation of the Association Agreement (AA), including the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA), as well as to ensure the necessary follow-up for the post Visa Liberalisation stage. Specifically, the project aims at:
- Strengthening policy-making at sector level, strategic planning and policy management capacities.
- Enhancing the stakeholders’ knowledge and awareness of the EU policies, legislation and regulations.
- Providing specific advice so as to ensure the political, institutional and financial feasibility of the reforms, in order to ensure their effective implementation.
- European Union High Level Advisers’ Mission 2019 - 2021 in operation, under the guidance of the EU Delegation to Moldova – a policy advice and dialogue instrument consisting of up to 18 EU High Level Advisers delivering specific sector advice to designated beneficiary institutions operating in a wide range of sectors to support the Government’s EU approximation and reform agenda and ensure the implementation of priority commitments deriving from the EU Association Agreement:
- Strengthened policy making at sector level, including both the strategic planning/policy design and the policy management capacities of the beneficiary institutions.
- Enhanced stakeholder knowledge and awareness of the European Union’s policies, legislation and regulations.
- Enhanced political, institutional and financial feasibility (hence effective implementation) of planned reforms.