The main purpose this EU-funded project is to strengthen the functioning of the MMDA with regards to medicinal products manufacturing, marketing, pharmacovigilance, distribution and pricing and medical devices in scope of market supervision, vigilance and registration as well as to clinical trials and pharmaceutical activity.
The completion of this EU-funded Project should deliver the MMDA with capacities at the same level as peer institutions in the EU Member States and should allow patients to benefit from safer, better quality and more effective medicinal products and medical devices.
- Approximation of the legal framework and strengthening of MMDA’s institutional and organisational capacities;
- Strengthening of MMDA’s regulatory functioning with respect to medicinal products;
- Strengthening of MMDA’s regulatory functioning with respect to medical devices;
- Improvement of rational use of medicines and medical devices in Moldova;
- Transition of MMDA to full compliance with the EU requirements.