The project has three key components:
Component 1 – Strategic Communication on EU and EU support;
Component 2 – Management of EU Centre in Chisinau and network of EU Information Centres and Euro clubs in the country;
Component 3 – Support for mass-media and media literacy.
The overall objective of the project is to support the successful implementation of democratic reforms in the Republic of Moldova, through increased visibility of EU and EU assistance provided to the Republic of Moldova, thus ensuring a stable, prosperous and democratic future for all its citizens. The communication and visibility activities undertaken in the framework of this project aim to increase awareness raising of the general public about Association Agreement (AA) and the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA).
Results for COMPONENT 1:
1) A unique, credible, identifiable EU voice that is proactive in setting the tone for EU-Moldova relations that is adapted for relevant channels and that resonates with carefully selected target audiences is established;
2) Momentum and support for the reform programme and mirroring priority reforms under the EU-Moldova Association Agreement by illustrating the resulting concrete benefits most relevant to the citizens of the Republic of Moldova, provided by EU support, is maintained;
3) Communication activities of all EU funded projects in the Republic of Moldova are mainstreamed in a coordinated manner and implementing the campaigns in coordination with existing efforts in the field of communication and visibility (regional EU-funded project EU Neighbours East and EEAS East Stratcom Task Force).
Results for COMPONENT 2:
1) A branded EU Centre in Chisinau that serves as a venue for EU related events and campaign activities on a regular basis is created and managed;
2) Capacities of the existing regional EU Info Centres and Euro clubs are consolidated and their activities are mainstreamed into the overall communication strategy and umbrella communication campaigns;
3) Regular communication support to the EU Delegation is provided for strategic coordination of EU-funded projects and programmes operational in the Republic of Moldova and management of relevant online platforms that coordinate and promote project information.
Results for COMPONENT 3: - Support for mass-media and media literacy:
1) Support is provided for the mass-media in the Republic of Moldova through activities which will enable and improve availability and quality of locally produced content;
2) Media literacy of target audiences is improved, along with attitudes towards media consumption practice.