The overall objective of Part I of the action is to increase the competitiveness of the agri-food sector through its integration into domestic and global value chains, in particular in the soya sector.
The specific objective of Part I of the action is to integrate Moldovan-grown soybeans into domestic and global value chains.
The overall objective of Part II is contribution to Moldova’s strategic goal of sustainable water supply, sewage and wastewater treatment, thus achieving SDG 6 and adaptation to climate change. Prevention of wastewater environmental pollution.
The specific objective of Part II is implementation of infrastructure interventions to improve safe water supply and sanitation and contribute to adaptation to climate change. Assistance to local authorities in tariff-setting and capacity building to ensure financial sustainability of the water and sanitation infrastructure operation and maintenance.
PART I of the action defines a wide target group embracing stakeholders along the GMO-free soya value chain (e.g. farmers, businesses), VET institutions (schools, colleges, CoE), research & development institutions and consumers.
Businesses and institutions directly benefiting from PART I of the action:
- Feed and food producers/processors;
- Research & development institutions;
- Certification bodies and laboratories;
- Government and public institutions (e.g. Ministry of Agriculture, Regional Development and Environment, Ministry of Education, Culture and Research);
- Centre of Excellence in Horticulture and Agricultural Technologies in Taul (Centre of Excellence);
- Piloted VET institutions.
Businesses and institutions indirectly benefiting from PART I of the action:
- VET institutions;
- Methodological Centre of MARDE;
- Input suppliers;
- Extension service providers and farmer associations and cooperatives;
- Environmental organisations.
Persons directly benefiting from PART I of the action:
- Employees from all value chain actors;
- Students involved in internships;
- Managers from the Centre of Excellence and VET institutions assigned to the Centre of Excellence;
- Teachers from the Centre of Excellence and VET institutions participating in direct trainings and capacity development activities.
Persons indirectly benefiting from PART I of the action:
- Moldovan consumers;
- Teachers and Managers from VET institutions;
- Students from VET institutions.
The Beneficiaries of Part II of the action refers mainly but not limited to the local population of Cantemir, Municipality of Cantemir and the local water utility:
- Public and administrative institutions (Municipality of Cantemir, Rayon Cantemir and nearby villages);
- Business and production entities (SMEs, canning factory, service providers etc.);
- Educational and cultrural institusions;
- Neibouring localities.