The project specific objectives:
SO 1: Enhancing the role of National and Regional Rural Networks in promoting governance and accountability through participatory and inclusive processes, recognizing the value of different stakeholders' contributions.
SO 2: Building capacity of Regional Rural Networks to influence and consolidate their participation in agro-rural policies monitoring and evaluation, in particular budgetary policies at local level.
SO 3: Creating pilot models for sustainable local development through a territorial approach, integration of the national policies at the local level and better cooperation between rural stakeholders.
The rural population, agricultural producers, rural SMEs, local and central public administration and civil society organizations will be the final beneficiaries of this project.
The main expected results under the project are as follows:
- Ensuring institutional functioning of the National Rural Network by providing support in increasing the number of members (350 members)
- Establishing policy dialog within NRDN & 10 Regional Networks through 20 consultation events, 11 reports with analysis of the reform’s and policies implementation in rural areas
- Conducting 14 advocacy/lobby actions by National and Regional Rural Networks for promotion of improved democratic governance, accountability at local level and improved framework for local place-based development
- 30 CSOs-members of the National and Regional Rural Networks will acquire skills and knowledge to support the organization of inclusive and participatory processes at local level. 15% of the CSOs involved in the capacity building program will represent the rural women and youth.
- 10 Regional Rural Networks will gain the capacity to support the mobilization of different local actors in joint identification and assessment of territorial needs for sustainable development.
- Identification of 10 Local Action Groups from geographic zones with under-used resources
- Provide technical assistance and financial support to 10 Local Action Groups applying Territorial Approach for Local Development(TALD)