For implementation of the project, four CSOs to implement a local grants programme at the regional level and one CSO to increase outreach and communication potential were selected. These are: Pro Cooperare Regională & CASMED in North, Asociația pentru Guvernare Eficientă și Responsabilă & ADR Habitat in Center, CRAION CONTACT-Cahul in South, Centrul European Pro-Europa în Comrat & Centrul CONTACT in TAU Gagauzia and Asociația Presei Independente for outreach and communication.
The organizations will ensure the following in their respective region and field of activity:
- assistance to local CSOs to improve citizens engagement in decision-making processes, including monitoring of public procurement, public construction works and delivery of local public services;
- sub-grant to local CSOs to implement small-scale projects to support socio-economic and sustainable local development based on citizen’s needs;
- support awareness raising campaigns for improving public service delivery;
- facilitate and foster the exchange of experiences and good practices on communication and awareness-raising for a citizen-oriented service delivery.
The beneficiaries of the project are:
- Citizens – women and men, girls and boys – in the development regions North, Centre, South and Gagauzia - as the ultimate beneficiaries,
- civil society organizations, especially at the local level,
- local and regional CSOs in communication and media outlets,
- networks of civil society organizations.
As result of its activities, the project is expecting to reach the following:
- 1800 citizens participate in planning and oversight activities related to procurement, management, operation and maintenance of local public services of local public Services;
- 600 representatives of LPAs trained to apply the participatory approaches in planning processes;
- 3200 citizens - including pupils of public schools - with increased awareness of issues regarding sustainable development, including water and sanitation services, solid waste management, and energy and energy efficiency as well as the impact on climate change;
- 240 representatives of mass media are trained to raise awareness at the local and regional levels about sustainable development and local public services.