- Strengthening the capacities of Moldovan local authorities to perform a transparent and participatory governance in their communities;
- Policy making process related to the upcoming decentralisation reform;
- Build capacities of Local Authorities (LAs) and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to plan and implement their activities in close cooperation with local communities, and other stakeholders involving them into planning and implementation;
- Strengthening capacity to respond to challenges;
- Promote a multi-level governance dialogue between the national government and the local authorities;
- Implementation of participatory and multi-stakeholders’ local governance initiatives;
- Strengthen LAs’ willingness to involve local communities in the decision-making process, at the local level.
Results: The project has 5 working packages and the main expected results are:
- Analysis on the current state of art of the decentralisation reform.
- LA’s and CSO’s representatives are trained (8 2-days trainings provided).
- Consultations in all 35 administrative units (32 raions, 2 municipalities and Gagauzia region), thus ensuring a truly national and inclusive dialogue on the planned reform;
- Re-granting scheme implemented (at least 20 small grants awarded)
- National policy dialogue established on the Local Public Authorities Reform
Beneficiaries: Central and Local Authorities, Civil Society